Monday, April 4, 2011

ReUse yarn & ribbon left-overs to create custom Art

I've gone a little crazy with the photos of this one, but I'm addicted to the textures, colors, and overall feel!

 


This was a labor of love. One of those side projects that take forever, and often get neglected. But little by little I hand stitched each thread & ribbon exactly where I wanted it to go.
 
I used felt backing as my base.


My intention was to frame this Art in a rustic wood custom frame. I wanted space between the art & glass to show the uneven edges and the depth of texture. But, for now it's going in a basic black frame wedged against the glass {I had this extra frame from a "buy-one, get-one free" sale} . For now this will do. On the up-side, the black creates a nice contrast to the vivid colors.


I hope this inspires you to get out those yarn scraps! 
If you would like more information on custom art for your home or office, 
contact me!


No comments:

Post a Comment