Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Raw Mexican Fajitas

I found this Raw recipe on the blog Sweetly Raw {great blog for raw recipes!}. I have to say, this is a close rival to the cooked version, even my 13 year-old gobbled it up! I wasn't sure if I would be a fan of the raw cream cheese and cheddar sauce (since I love to eat the original versions) but I was pleasantly surprised!
I made everything the night before, letting the veggies marinate. The next day I was all set for quick and easy lunch.



Raw Veggie Fajitas
Let marinate for a few hours for the veggies to absorb the juices and soften.
I left over-night with perfect results. Serve in romaine lettuce leaves with homemade salsa and/or diced avocado.

2 large portobello mushrooms
3 bell peppers, sliced into strips
1 zucchini, sliced into sticks
1 sweet or red onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup nama shoyu or tamari
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon cayenne 
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
 
Sour Cream
3/4 cup raw cashews
3/4 cup young coconut pulp
1/2 cup water
1- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy in a high speed blender. 
Chill for a few hours.




Cheddar Sauce
1 large red bell pepper
2-3 tablespoons water
1 cup cashews
2 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon tahini (or sesame seeds)
2 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 large clove garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment