Thursday, January 19, 2012

Recycle Artwork into New Designs



Here's the perfect project to get you off your computer & enjoying some hands-on creating!

Ever wonder what to do with all of the art work your kids make at school? Are you running out of wall space to hang it all, or do you have boxes & bins over-flowing with drawings that you can't bare to part with? I do!

Here are just a few of my favorite watercolors done by my daughters.


I decided to take a Zen approach to my issue....cutting little pieces of each of the paintings to create one collage. This way I could view a little of each one, or at least feel that they were represented. The result was a piece of art not only created by my daughters, but myself, as I patiently leafed through the paintings, cutting and arranging to make a cohesive piece.


Next, I'd like to try a combo of their paintings, drawings, and writing....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment