Saturday, March 13, 2010

Almost FREE EcoWrapping


My daughter inspired me when she brought me this beautiful bouquet she collected from the yard. Pussy Willows, a sure sign that Spring is around the corner! (yes, that is snow holding the bouquet together).


So, for my next "wrapping" I will Reuse a brown paper grocery bag. This bag from Stop and Shop actually has a nice printed graphic, it has a "hand-stamped" texture in person. The cloth bag is from a set of organic cotton pillowcases I purchased from Target. I've Reused the bag to hold the hand-made artist book I purchased as the gift.

Now going back to the Pussy Willows. I put the cloth bag in a recycled box and wrapped it with the brown paper bag. Then, I used jewelry wire to connected the pussy willow twigs and wrapped them around the wrapped box. 
The brown twigs and the brown paper needed a little color for contrast, so I added-in some green moss. Once this is dissembled, the pussy willows and moss can make a nice natural accent on a book shelf, table, or framed in a shadow box.

No comments:

Post a Comment